4 Steps to Getting Clean CrossFit Gear Again!
July 01, 2019 | Blog, Odorklenz laundry, Remove odors from workout clothes, Remove shoe odors, Uncategorized
Working out is something that most of us do on regular basis, whether you go to the gym to do free-weights, attend a yoga class, take a walk around a park, or even participate in CrossFit to break a sweat. There are so many different workout classes and exercises that have become popular over the years and one of these favored exercises is CrossFit. This high-intensity workout is one that is guaranteed to produce an excess of sweat that will gather and collect on the workout clothing which is bound to lead to foul smells that can be almost impossible to remove from the fabric. In this article we are going to discuss the smelly truth behind the popular workout CrossFit and determine the best steps to take to restore your CrossFit gear back to normal, most importantly its smell!
What is CrossFit Workout?CrossFit is identified as a workout that is comprised of constantly varied, functional movements, executed at high intensity. The classes involve interval training for a more intense exercise in a shorter amount of time, which is believed to be more effective than longer, less intense training. The CrossFit workout requires all aspects of fitness and sports to create a rapid interval exercise that involved body weight exercises and cardio with weight lifting. This exercise uses weights, kettlebells, medicine balls, and benches and racks. The strength training of CrossFit produces an excess of sweat that will taint and compromise the smell of the gear and workout clothes that are worn and required for CrossFit training. The smell is a putrid odor that many CrossFitters will be well aware of and struggle with removing from their gear and clothes.
CrossFit EssentialsWhen it comes to CrossFit training there are specific gear and essential items that you will need for the sport. The CrossFit essential items include the following:
- CrossFit Wrist Wraps: For those with weak wrists, having a supply of wrist wraps will help to support the wrists while doing CrossFit. These workout items help for push-ups, handstand push-ups, and jerks.
- Knee Wraps & Sleeves: These elastic or non-elastic sleeves are stretchy items that slide on or over your pants. The added compression of the knee wrap helps to provide support and allow a CrossFitter to squat both heavy or high volumes.
- CrossFit Lifting Shoes: As CrossFit has increased, manufacturers developed a lifting shoe with plastic bottoms that will allow an individual to go from a back squat into a box jump without changing footwear.
- Chalk: For those with a weak grip, chalk can help strengthen the grip and hold onto bars.
- Athletic Tape: While doing CrossFit your hands can become torn from lifting and pull ups. Athletic tape is preventive to help shield your hands from becoming torn when lifting.
- Weight Belt: Back squats, dead lifts, and snatches are lifting that will require support from a weight belt. This belt will provide pressure to keep the core tight while lifting.