The OdorKlenz Sports Laundry Additive is your first defense against odors. Sports apparel is notorious for retaining pungent sweat-inducing bacteria. The OdorKlenz Sports Laundry Additive is formulated with the revolutionary OdorKlenz technology to remove and neutralize odors from their source. The laundry additive is gentle enough for all sporting fabric. It was optimized to remove and neutralize the stubborn sweat and body odors from your workout clothing. Gentle enough to use on DRI-FIT clothing and yoga pants but strong enough to remove the odors at the source without the use of masking agents or toxic chemicals.
How to Use the OdorKlenz® Sport Laundry Liquid
For all Machine-Washable Clothing and Fabrics
Please read all the product label instructions and follow those directions as best as possible. The instructions below are a step by step guide for using the liquid OdorKlenz Sport Laundry Additive.
- Add 1/4 cup (small load) or 1/2 cup (medium or larger load) of the OdorKlenz Sport Laundry Additive along with your regular (unscented) detergent to eliminate sweat odors from your laundry.
- For HE and front load washers, add the Sport Laundry Additive along with your detergent in the designated detergent slot.
- For top load washers, first partially fill the tub with warm water. Next, add your normal detergent, followed by the Sport Laundry Additive.
- For the best results, use warm water and do not use the Sport Additive in combination with bleach or vinegar.
– Magnesium Oxide (MgO)
– Magnesium Hydroxide (Mg(OH)2)
– Zinc Oxide (ZnO)
– Titanium Dioxide (TiO2)
Applications and Tips
OdorKlenz Sport Laundry Additive is the perfect complement to your detergent. Detergents do a great job of making your athletic gear look great, but they often have difficulty making them smell great. Just add the OdorKlenz Sport Laundry Additive into your wash and the job will get done. Since body odors are a complex chemistry of acids, aldehydes, sulfur compounds, ketones, and amines just to name a few, you need a product and technology that can attack and break them down. OdorKlenz Sport Laundry Additive uses earth minerals that have been enhanced with greater surface area resulting in more chemical activity towards odor-causing chemicals.
– Use wash cycles with more agitation
– Use warm water instead of cold
– Use an extra rinse at the end of the cycle
– If your machine dispenses laundry products at timed moments in the wash, make sure to deploy the OdorKlenz Sport Laundry Additive during the main wash and agitation cycle, not in the prewash or final rinse cycle.
– Use any prewash or presoaks cycles. Please do not use prewash or presoak cycles. If your machine has these types of cycles and you added the Sport Additive to the washbasin, it will likely be removed from the wash before it has any time to interact with the odor source.
– Allow the laundry additive to become folded inside of fabrics. Please do not have the additive in a situation where it does not freely move within the wash. Since our product does not behave like laundry detergent, it needs to be able to freely move within the wash to come into contact with the offending source odor.
– Overloaded wash cycles. Overloading the washing machine makes it difficult for the product to work effectively. The level of contamination may be too much for the recommended dosage and the product may not be able to fully make contact with the source of the odor in the wash.
– Use in combination with bleach, vinegar, or other additives.
Great for all washable fabrics including:
– Yoga Pants
– Sporting Fabric
– Sport Uniforms
– Active Wear
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this safe to use on my workout clothes to remove sweat odors?
Yes. Our product is very effective against body odors. It should be noted that some newer synthetic articles of clothing do pose more challenges for odor elimination.
Is this product safe to use on all my clothing?
Please follow fabric care instructions on the label. If the garment is water sensitive, you should use caution when using the OdorKlenz Laundry Additive. Our product needs water to help create the contact between our active materials and the offending odor source.
Is this product fragrance-free?
We have not added any perfumes or fragrances to our product. We believe that if the goal is to eliminate odors, you should not be adding odors or covering them up.
Can I use the OdorKlenz Laundry Additive to soak clothing followed by a hand wash?
Yes you can. We would recommend our liquid version of the product for this type of application as it disperses better in situations with lower agitation and takes longer to settle. The easiest way to do a soaking step is in a sink or washtub with warm water. You would want to make sure the size is big enough for the clothing. Start with the warm water, add the OdorKlenz Laundry Additive and mix to disperse. Then add the clothing and let it sit for 20-30 minutes and give it the occasional mix to suspend the product in the water. You can let it sit longer if you would like. Then after the soaking, the clothing can be rung out and then taken straight to the washer to do a normal wash cycle with detergent.
What is the difference between the powder and the liquid?
The actives are the same, the difference is just the dispersal material. In the liquid version, it is water, in the powder version it is soda ash. For soaking applications, we recommend our liquid version of the product.
Do I use the OdorKlenz Laundry Additive with my normal detergent?
Yes. We suggest a fragrance-free standard detergent.
Can the OdorKlenz Laundry Additive be used to remove fragrances and perfumes?
Yes. Depending on the severity/saturation of the perfume, a soaking step may be needed.
How effective will this be at removing chemical odors from new clothing?
It depends on if the clothing was intentionally treated with the chemical or not. Some fabrics have chemicals bonded to the fibers, often for wrinkle prevention or some other protection. These can be difficult to remove as they have effectively been engineered to be part of the garment. Other new clothing smells are a result of the shipping and packaging of the product and OdorKlenz Laundry Additive is effective against those odors.
Can I use this along with vinegar in my wash?
We do not recommend that as our OdorKlenz Laundry Additive will want to neutralize the vinegar effectively canceling the benefits they each offer out.
Will the OdorKlenz Laundry Additive remove musty smells from my front load washer?
Yes with repeated use the product will work on those odors. Additionally, we do make a Washing Machine Deodorizer Product
for that application.
Can I use the OdorKlenz Laundry Additive in a High-efficiency (HE) washing machine?
Yes. With the wide range of options available on newer HE machines, please make sure that any pre-rinse settings are turned off. Some machines do a very quick rinse of the tub at the beginning of the cycle and we don’t want our product to be rinsed out before it has a chance to work. For more information and tips, please see or request our best practices sheet for this product.