Using our revolutionary kit, it is no longer necessary to rip up and replace carpet; we developed this kit specifically for subfloor penetration. Utilizing OdorKlenz’s revolutionary “absorptive neutralization technology, the product can be prepared directly prior to use. No machine rental, no harsh fragrances, and chemicals that only mask the odor and camouflage the stains. Using our do-it-yourself friendly kit, equipped with ten ready-to-use packets, only add tap water.
How-To Use the OdorKlenz® Subfloor Treatment Kit
Each packet treats 6-8 square inches of contamination. When used as instructed, the kit will help eliminate odors from carpet, padding, and subfloor while offering long-term odor control capabilities.
- First, insert the needle into the liquid and pull back on the plunger to draw up liquid treatment, filling the dispensing tube.
- Insert the needle under the contaminated carpet and mesh to the carpet pad and dispense the liquid. If the area being treated is small (<4 inches) inject into the middle.
- If the area is larger than 4 inches, inject 3-4 times around the outside and once in the middle.
- Ensure treatment has made contact with the contaminated area to provide maximum results.
- Excess water can be extracted.
- Disposal: Replace needle cap before disposal. Dispose of according to local guidelines.
– Magnesium Oxide (MgO)
– Zinc Oxide (ZnO)
– Titanium Dioxide (TiO2)
– Only perform the odor elimination on non-delicate surfaces.
– Do not use on surfaces that cannot be exposed to water.
– Do not use on areas that are contaminated with other cleaning agents.
– Clean and remove other products from the treatment area prior to treatment use.
– Wash and vacuum the carpet before treatment
Frequently Asked Questions
Does this come with everything I need to remove the odors?
We recommend you clean and removing any chemical products from the area you will be treating. This typically means a vacuum or water extractor will be needed. You will also likely need some towels for the process.
Will this work on all subfloors?
Generally yes, but there are many different flooring types and surfaces. The product is typically used in situations where a source odor has leaked or passed through the carpet and/or padding and soaked into a porous wood or concrete subfloor. By injecting our product below those first layers, it can come into better contact with the lowest layer and be left in place to neutralize odors. It is best to wait for the product, and surrounding carpet and pad, to fully dry before making an assessment of the success of the treatment.
Will this work if I do not know where the source of the odor is?
Potentially. Our product needs to come into contact with the odor source. If the source is not treated fully, the odor may remain.
What is the difference between this and the OdorKlenz Source Odor Eliminator?
These are very similar products and are often used together. The OdorKlenz Source Odor Elimination is used for the top carpet layer and the OdorKlenz Subfloor Kit is used for the lower layers. So the difference is in the application.
What odors will this product remove?
A variety of odors including urine, food odors, and many others. The key is getting our OdorKlenz products into contact with the source.
Can this be used on old urine stains and odors?
The product is for odor elimination, not stain removal.