The OdorKlenz® Pet Urine Eliminator is your number one source for safe and effective urine and pet odor removal. The carpeting and flooring in your home often fall victim to pet accidents that need to be tended to quickly. Most urine odor eliminating products are primarily designed to focus on one aspect or chemistry of the urine odor problem, often just masking the urine odor, with perfumes and fragrances but the best way to attack an odor source is to have a product that can work via multiple pathways to achieve odor neutralization. OdorKlenz® Pet Urine Eliminator is ideal for use on carpets and rugs where pet accidents have occurred. Use with an extractor or let it dry, then brush and vacuum it out. For liquid and vomit, spills try our OdorKlenz® Absorbent Granules.
How to Use the OdorKlenz® Pet Urine Eliminator
Getting Urine Smell Out of Carpet
When using the OdorKlenz® Pet Urine Eliminator you want to apply it to the surface and work it into the surface of the accident. Allow the product to fully contact the source to ensure the product gets into the surface to eliminate the odor. The steps below are a guide on how to use the OdorKlenz® Pet Urine Eliminator.
For Carpets, Rugs, and Other Soft Surfaces:
Please read the instructions completely before beginning your treatment. Each container is designed to treat approximately 9 square feet of source urine contamination on rugs or carpet. The product can be diluted to treat broad areas with mild or secondary odor contamination.
Before each use, vigorously shake for one minute to mix components. Always shake just prior to application to disperse the contents evenly. If the product has frozen, let it thaw completely before use. Only perform the source urine odor elimination on non-delicate surfaces. Do not use on surfaces that cannot be exposed to water. Do not use on areas that are contaminated with other cleaning agents. Clean and remove other products from the treatment area prior to OdorKlenz® use. Test OdorKlenz® on an inconspicuous area for colorfastness or other surface effects. The OdorKlenz® process may leave a white residue that can be removed with repeated brushing, vacuuming, and/or wiping. Do not use in household carpet shampooer. Professional carpet extraction equipment is recommended to remove excess water and residual OdorKlenz® for carpets and rugs.
For Use With Extraction Equipment (Recommended):
- Soak up excess urine and any loose debris from the area to be treated with towels or paper towels.
- Lightly dampen the area to be treated with clean, warm (but not hot) water.
- Using your vacuum or carpet extractor’s wet extraction capabilities, clean the area 2-3 times to remove as much source urine as possible, leaving the area slightly damp.
- Pour OdorKlenz® on the treatment area to fully contact the source urine.
- Spread the OdorKlenz® into the area working it deeply into the carpet or covering surface completely. Use a comb or your fingers to work OdorKlenz® into the fibers of the carpet or rug.
- Apply pressure with a towel to the area by standing/walking/pushing on the treatment area.
- Allow the OdorKlenz® formulation to remain on the area for 15 minutes.
- Wet extract the treatment area using clean water.
- Use additional clean water and agitate between extractions.
- Repeat the drying and cleanup process 2-3 times to remove any visible residue.
For Use With Vacuum:
- Vacuum up loose debris from the area to be treated.
- Remove other debris by blotting the area with a wet towel.
- Soak the treatment area with clean, warm water.
- Rinse the towel and soak up any excess water leaving the area damp.
- Pour OdorKlenz® on the prepared area.
- Spread the OdorKlenz® into the area working it deeply into the carpet.
- Pour fresh, clean water over the OdorKlenz® treated area to saturation.
- Apply pressure to the area by standing/walking on the treated area.
- Allow the OdorKlenz® formulation to remain on the area for 15 minutes.
- Use your rinsed and clean absorbent towel to soak up any excess water. Repeat 2-3 times to aid drying.
- Allow the area to completely dry. Note: It may take 24 hours or longer for the area to be completely dry.
- Once dried, vacuum up the residue. Vacuum until the residue has been completely removed by visual examination.
– Magnesium Oxide (MgO)
– Magnesium Hydroxide (Mg(OH)2)
– Zinc Oxide (ZnO)
– Titanium Dioxide (TiO2)
Applications and Tips
When using the OdorKlenz Pet Urine Eliminator, here are some suggestions and settings to use that encourage the best interaction with the source of the odor and the OdorKlenz Pet Urine Eliminator.
– Use warm water instead of cold water.
– Incorporate an extra clean water rinse at the end to remove visible residue.
– Allow it to fully dry before making a final judgment on overall success. Damp carpets an rugs often have a funny odor.
Do Not Use:
– Any other cleaning chemicals such as spot removers in conjunction with the OdorKlenz Pet Urine Eliminator.
– In combination with bleach, vinegar, or enzymes.
– Carpet deodorization treatment
– Rug treatments
– OdorKlenz Pet Urine Eliminator can be diluted and sprayed on subfloors where severely urine damaged carpet and padding has been removed.
– OdorKlenz Pet Urine Eliminator can be used in the wash with pet blankets and bedding. Use ½ cup per medium or large load with fragrance-free detergent.
– OdorKlenz Pet Urine Eliminator can be diluted and sprayed onto urine contaminated concrete. In this particular application, the visible residue will be present, so only use in areas where that is not going to be a problem.
– OdorKlenz Pet Urine Eliminator can be sprayed on to natural pet bedding and left to dry offering some preventative urine odor elimination.
Frequently Asked Questions
On what surfaces will the OdorKlenz® Pet Urine Eliminator work on?
Water-safe surfaces. Most of our Customers are using it on carpets, rugs, couch cushions, and mattresses.
Should I dilute the product for a urine odor or should I just apply it on directly?
The product can be used concentrated or diluted. Depending on the severity of the odor and amount of source present, use a more concentrated product on heavy/concentrated source and diluted product on mild odors. Click the “How-to” tab above for more information.
Can I use the OdorKlenz Pet Urine Eliminator on chairs, sofas, or mattresses?
Yes. We recommend you test the product in a small area first, but those are common applications for our product.
Can OdorKlenz® Pet Urine Eliminator be used to treat large areas, such as whole rooms?
Yes. For maintenance of odors, especially carpet, the product can be diluted and sprayed with a garden-type sprayer to large surface areas.
Can the OdorKlenz® Pet Urine Eliminator be used for removing urine odors from the padding underneath the carpet or will I have to replace the padding?
The key to our product is that it needs to get into contact with the source. We have another product that may be used in conjunction with OdorKlenz Pet Urine Eliminator called the OdorKlenz Subfloor Treatment Kit.
Can this product be used in carpet cleaning machines?
It can be used in conjunction with a carpet cleaning machine, but we suggest direct application of the product to the carpet, then use the carpet cleaning machine to extract it from the carpet. This allows for better and longer contact time between the source and the OdorKlenz® product.
Is the OdorKlenz® Pet Urine Eliminator safe to use on hardwood floors or tile?
Yes, the product is safe to use on wood and tile. We recommend you try it in a small area first to check ease of removal first. Surfaces with tiny cracks and crevasses or a texture can be more difficult to remove the product from.
Will the OdorKlenz® Pet Urine Eliminator work on urine odors on a subfloor?
It can, but if the subfloor is covered by carpet or padding, you may want to consider the OdorKlenz® Subfloor Treatment Kit
in addition to the OdorKlenz Pet Urine Eliminator.
Can this product be used to remove urine odors from concrete?
Yes. It may leave a visible white residue in the pores of the concrete. This will dissipate with rinsing and over time.
Is this safe to use to remove urine odors from yards, dirt, artificial grass, etc?
Yes. This product can be used on outside surfaces.