Tiny particles cause pesky malodors in fabrics when they get trapped in the tangle of fibers that make up your clothes. Even when stains are gone, those particles can linger and cause a frustrating smell which does not reflect the care you take of your clothes! Our laundry additive is designed to treat odors on a molecular level, deep within the fibers of your clothes and linens. In fact, the OdorKlenz Laundry Additive has long been a preferred solution by those with chemical sensitivities and fragrance allergies. It’s safe and efficient ingredients attach themselves to those tiny particles and neutralize the odors, so they are eliminated, not merely masked. OdorKlenz never relies on perfumes or chemical fragrances because we believe that clean has no smell!
Our advanced, mineral-based technology removes a broad spectrum of odors that other cleaners cannot. We use safe ingredients because we know how important it is to protect your family from harsh chemicals.
– Soda Ash
– Magnesium Oxide (MgO)
– Zinc Oxide (ZnO)
– Titanium Dioxide (TiO2)
Applications and Tips
– Use wash cycles with more agitation
– Use warm water instead of cold
– Use an extra rinse at the end of the cycle
– If your machine dispenses laundry products at timed moments in the wash, make sure to deploy the OdorKlenz Laundry Additive during the main wash and agitation cycle, not in the prewash or final rinse cycle.
– Use any prewash or presoaks cycles. Please do not use prewash or presoak cycles. If your machine has these types of cycles and you added the Additive to the washbasin, it will likely be removed from the wash before it has any time to interact with the odor source.
– Allow the laundry additive to become folded inside of fabrics. Please do not have the additive in a situation where it does not freely move within the wash. Since our product does not behave like laundry detergent, it needs to be able to freely move within the wash to come into contact with the offending source odor.
– Overloaded wash cycles. Overloading the washing machine makes it difficult for the product to work effectively. The level of contamination may be too much for the recommended dosage and the product may not be able to fully make contact with the source of the odor in the wash.
– Use in combination with bleach, vinegar, or other additives.
Great for all washable fabrics
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this product safe to use on all my clothing?
Please follow fabric care instructions on the label. If the garment is water sensitive, you should use caution when using the OdorKlenz Laundry Additive. Our products needs water to help create the contact between our active materials and the offending odor source.
Is this product fragrance-free?
We have not added any perfumes or fragrances to our product. We believe that if the goal is to eliminate odors, you should not be adding odors or covering them up.
Can I use the OdorKlenz Laundry Additive to soak clothing followed by a hand wash?
Yes you can. We would recommend our liquid version of the product for this type of application as it disperses better in situations with lower agitation and takes longer to settle. The easiest way to do a soaking step is in a sink or washtub with warm water. You would want to make sure the size is big enough for the clothing. Start with the warm water, add the OdorKlenz Laundry Additive and mix to disperse. Then add the clothing and let it sit for 20-30 minutes and give it the occasional mix to suspend the product in the water. You can let it sit longer if you would like. Then after the soaking, the clothing can be rung out and then taken straight to the washer to do a normal wash cycle with detergent.
What is the difference between the powder and the liquid versions of the Laundry Additive?
The active ingredients are the same, the difference is just the dispersal material. In the liquid version, it is water, in the powder version it is soda ash. For soaking applications, we recommend our liquid version of the product.
Is this safe to use on my workout clothes to remove sweat odors?
Yes. Our product is very effective against body odors. It should be noted that some newer synthetic articles of clothing do pose more challenges for odor elimination.
Do I use the OdorKlenz Laundry Additive with my normal detergent?
Yes. We suggest a fragrance-free standard detergent.
Can the OdorKlenz Laundry Additive be used to remove fragrances and perfumes?
Yes. Depending on the severity/saturation of the perfume, a soaking step may be needed.
How effective will this be at removing chemical odors from new clothing?
It depends on if the clothing was intentionally treated with the chemical or not. Some fabrics have chemicals bonded to the fibers, often for wrinkle prevention or some other protection. These can be difficult to remove as they have effectively been engineered to be part of the garment. Other new clothing smells are a result of the shipping and packaging of the product and OdorKlenz Laundry Additive is effective against those odors.
Can I use this along with vinegar in my wash?
We do not recommend that as our OdorKlenz Laundry Additive will want to neutralize the vinegar effectively canceling the benefits they each offer out.
Will the OdorKlenz Laundry Additive remove musty smells from my front load washer?
Yes with repeated use the product will work on those odors. Additionally, we do make a Washing Machine Deodorizer
for that application.
Can I use the OdorKlenz Laundry Additive in a High-efficiency (HE) washing machine?
Yes. With the wide range of options available on newer HE machines, please make sure that any pre-rinse settings are turned off. Some machines do a very quick rinse of the tub at the beginning of the cycle and we don’t want our product to be rinsed out before it has a chance to work. For more information and tips, please see or request our best practices sheet for this product.