The OdorKlenz Laundry Additive is a favorite among our customers because it provides complete odor elimination from such a wide array of sources. Our patented formula is made from earth minerals and non-toxic ingredients so you will not expose your clothes to harsh chemicals, dyes, or perfumes. We also never rely on masking agents so odors are truly eliminated, not merely covered up or mixed with other obnoxious smells. Forgot to switch out the wash? Get a redo with a little bit of OdorKlenz in a rinse cycle to eradicate that mildew smell. Working in the garage all day? Drive out that stubborn grease aroma. Working up a sweat? Knock out that gym bag stench. Even notoriously difficult towels cannot cling onto musty odors when they are washed with OdorKlenz.
How-To Use the OdorKlenz® Laundry Additive Liquid
Please read all the product label instructions and follow those directions as best as possible. The instructions below are a step by step guide on how to use the OdorKlenz Laundry Additive Liquid.
- Shake vigorously before each use.
- Add 1/4 cup (small load) or 1/2 cup (medium or large load) of the OdorKlenz Laundry Liquid Additive with your regular (unscented) detergent.
- For HE and front load washers, add the OdorKlenz Additive along with your detergent in the designated detergent slot.
- For top load washers, first partially fill the tub with warm water, and then the clothing last as the water continues to fill.
- For best results use warm water and do not use in combination with bleach or vinegar!
Safe for use on cotton, personal delicate, nylon, polyester, spandex, washable lace, washable rayon, washable wool, and all other washable fabrics.
– Magnesium Hydroxide (Mg(OH)2)
– Magnesium Oxide (MgO)
– Zinc Oxide (ZnO)
– Titanium Dioxide (TiO2)
Applications and Tips
– Use wash cycles with more agitation
– Use warm water instead of cold
– Use an extra rinse at the end of the cycle
– If your machine dispenses laundry products at timed moments in the wash, make sure to deploy the OdorKlenz Laundry Additive during the main wash and agitation cycle, not in the prewash or final rinse cycle.
– Use any prewash or presoaks cycles. Please do not use prewash or presoak cycles. If your machine has these types of cycles and you added the Additive to the washbasin, it will likely be removed from the wash before it has any time to interact with the odor source.
– Allow the laundry additive to become folded inside of fabrics. Please do not have the additive in a situation where it does not freely move within the wash. Since our product does not behave like laundry detergent, it needs to be able to freely move within the wash to come into contact with the offending source odor.
– Overloaded wash cycles. Overloading the washing machine makes it difficult for the product to work effectively. The level of contamination may be too much for the recommended dosage and the product may not be able to fully make contact with the source of the odor in the wash.
– Use in combination with bleach, vinegar, or other additives.
OdorKlenz Laundry Additive is ideal for all kinds of tough odors:
– Smoke from a campfire or tobacco
– Grease and oil from a garage
– Body odor
– Remnants of mildew on fabrics
– Fragrances from perfumes
– Chemical smells from cleaners
– Urine from pets or children
– Odors from spilled dairy products
– Musty towels
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this product safe to use on all my clothing?
Please follow fabric care instructions on the label. If the garment is water sensitive, you should use caution when using the OdorKlenz Laundry Additive. Our products needs water to help create the contact between our active materials and the offending odor source.
Is this product fragrance-free?
We have not added any perfumes or fragrances to our product. We believe that if the goal is to eliminate odors, you should not be adding odors or covering them up.
Can I use the OdorKlenz Laundry Additive to soak clothing followed by a hand wash?
Yes you can. We would recommend our liquid version of the product for this type of application as it disperses better in situations with lower agitation and takes longer to settle. The easiest way to do a soaking step is in a sink or washtub with warm water. You would want to make sure the size is big enough for the clothing. Start with the warm water, add the OdorKlenz Laundry Additive and mix to disperse. Then add the clothing and let it sit for 20-30 minutes and give it the occasional mix to suspend the product in the water. You can let it sit longer if you would like. Then after the soaking, the clothing can be rung out and then taken straight to the washer to do a normal wash cycle with detergent.
What is the difference between the powder and the liquid versions of the Laundry Additive?
The active ingredients are the same, the difference is just the dispersal material. In the liquid version, it is water, in the powder version it is soda ash. For soaking applications, we recommend our liquid version of the product.
Is this safe to use on my workout clothes to remove sweat odors?
Yes. Our product is very effective against body odors. It should be noted that some newer synthetic articles of clothing do pose more challenges for odor elimination.
Do I use the OdorKlenz Laundry Additive with my normal detergent?
Yes. We suggest a fragrance-free standard detergent.
Can the OdorKlenz Laundry Additive be used to remove fragrances and perfumes?
Yes. Depending on the severity/saturation of the perfume, a soaking step may be needed.
How effective will this be at removing chemical odors from new clothing?
It depends on if the clothing was intentionally treated with the chemical or not. Some fabrics have chemicals bonded to the fibers, often for wrinkle prevention or some other protection. These can be difficult to remove as they have effectively been engineered to be part of the garment. Other new clothing smells are a result of the shipping and packaging of the product and OdorKlenz Laundry Additive is effective against those odors.
Can I use this along with vinegar in my wash?
We do not recommend that as our OdorKlenz Laundry Additive will want to neutralize the vinegar effectively canceling the benefits they each offer out.
Will the OdorKlenz Laundry Additive remove musty smells from my front load washer?
Yes with repeated use the product will work on those odors. Additionally, we do make a Washing Machine Deodorizer
for that application.
Can I use the OdorKlenz Laundry Additive in a High-efficiency (HE) washing machine?
Yes. With the wide range of options available on newer HE machines, please make sure that any pre-rinse settings are turned off. Some machines do a very quick rinse of the tub at the beginning of the cycle and we don’t want our product to be rinsed out before it has a chance to work. For more information and tips, please see or request our best practices sheet for this product.