They say not to cry over spilled milk, but if you’ve ever spilled it on carpet or upholstery you know it can be a tear-inducing smell. Our daily lives are full of messes and OdorKlenz is passionate about eliminating the odors that come along! Our well-loved Source Odor Treatment safely and effectively neutralizes unpleasant aromas in your home, car, or office for an odor-free living!
OdorKlenz Source Odor Treatment can be used on water-safe surfaces and is designed for use on, including carpets, fabrics, some upholstery, and other water-extractable surfaces. It destroys stubborn odors from pets, children, spills, and other causes deep down, eliminating them at the chemical source. OdorKlenz Source Treatment is specially formulated to provide maximum neutralization and odor extraction by capturing, destroying, and eliminating offending odor sources safely and effectively.
- Safe and made from advanced proprietary technology
- For use on carpeting, rugs, mattresses, wood, tile, and most other soft and hard surfaces
- Eliminates the toughest odor sources without the use of masking agents, fragrances, or harsh chemicals
What’s in the Bottle?
Each bottle contains 116 oz of OdorKlenz filled by weight. There is enough space left in the bottle to allow the user to shake well before each use.
Each undiluted OdorKlenz container is designated to treat approximately 18 square feet of severe source contamination on carpet. Other applications, surfaces, and uses can treat larger areas. For non-source (residual) odor treatments, diluted product (4 parts fresh, clean, warm water to 1 part OdorKlenz) can be sprayed on or directly applied for up to 500 feet of light to mild odor neutralization.
How to Use the OdorKlenz Source Odor Treatment
- Remove other products from the treatment area prior to using the OdorKlenz Source Odor Treatment. (Be sure to use this product on surfaces that are not water-safe)
- Vigorously shake the container for 30 seconds to mix the compounds before each use.
- Apply the product either directly to the surface undiluted or dilute before applying to the area.
- When directly applying onto the surface undiluted, be sure to work it deep into the surface. Pour fresh, clean water over the OdorKlenz Source Odor Treatment area until saturated and apply pressure. Allow the product to sit for 15 minutes before wet extracting the treatment area using fresh water. Repeat the drying and cleanup process 2 to 3 times to remove all visible residue.
- When directly applying onto the surface diluted, the easiest application is to use a spray bottle with 1-part OdorKlenz Source Odor Treatment to 4- parts fresh, warm water. Spray directly on the surface (if a visible residue is left on the surface you can wipe it up with a towel or rag).
Applications & Instruction Guide
For All Surface Types:
Only perform the odor elimination on non-delicate surfaces. Do not use on surfaces that should not be exposed to water. Do not use on areas that are contaminated with other cleaning agents. Do not use household carpet shampooer to apply.
Remove other products from treatment area prior to OdorKlenz use. Always vigorously shake the container for 30 seconds to mix compounds (diluted or undiluted) just before each use. Test OdorKlenz on an inconspicuous area for colorfastness or other surface effects. The OdorKlenz process may leave a white residue that can be removed with repeated brushing, vacuuming, and/or wiping. Always apply or spray onto the surface directly. Professional carpet extraction equipment is recommended to remove excess water and residual OdorKlenz.
For use with extraction equipment (recommended process):
1) Vacuum up any loose debris from the area to be treated. 2) Wet the area to be treated with clean, warm water. 3) Using your vacuum or carpet extractor’s wet extraction capabilities, clean the area 2-3 times, leaving the area damp. 4) Pour OdorKlenz on the treatment area. 5) Spread the OdorKlenz into the area working it deeply into the carpet completely. 6) Pour fresh, clean water over the OdorKlenz treated area until saturation. 7) Apply pressure to the area. 8) Allow the OdorKlenz formulation to remain on the area for 15 minutes. 9) Wet extract the treatment area using fresh water. 10) Use additional fresh water and agitate between extractions. 11) Repeat the drying and cleanup process 2-3 times to remove all visible residue.
For use with a vacuum:
1) Vacuum up loose debris from the area to be treated. 2) Remove other debris by blotting the area with a wet towel. 3) Soak the treatment area with clean, warm water. 4) Rinse the towel and soak up any excess water leaving the area damp. 5) Pour OdorKlenz on the prepared area. 6) Spread the OdorKlenz into the area, working it deeply into the carpet. 7) Pour fresh, clean water over the OdorKlenz treated area until saturated. 8) Apply pressure to the area by standing/walking on the treated area. 9) Allow the OdorKlenz formulation to remain on the area for 15 minutes. 10) Use a clean, absorbent towel to soak up any excess water. Repeat 2-3 times to aid drying. 11) Allow the area to completely dry. Note: It may take 24 hours or longer for the area to be completely dry. 12) Once dried, vacuum up the residue. Brushing the area can aid removal. Vacuum until residue has been completely removed by visual examination.
The same basic process as for the carpet can be used. One significant advantage is that both side of the rug can be treated if necessary. In that event, treat one side completely, then repeat the process on the other side of the rug.
Synthetic fibers may require additional contact time with the OdorKlenz.
If it is a small rug and can be placed inside a small bucket or container, you can fill the bucket with enough warm water to fully cover the rug, then add the OdorKlenz product (about ½ cup per gallon of water), mix the water and OdorKlenz, then submerge the rug. Periodically provide some agitation. Let it soak for 24 hours.
Always test the surface for colorfastness. The product is best used on upholstery when diluted at a 1:1 ratio with fresh clean warm water. The product can be dabbed on the affected area with a clean cloth or sponge, or sprayed via a pump sprayer. You want to achieve a thin visible coating of the OdorKlenz product. Let it sit for 15 minutes, then extract out with a water extractor and fresh water. Allow to air dry. If the item is machine washable, you can wash/rinse it to remove the OdorKlenz.
Depending on the odor contamination level, you can either use diluted or undiluted product. If the odor is strong use a more concentrated amount, for mild odors the product could be diluted 1 part OdorKlenz to 4 parts fresh, clean, warm water.
Pre-clean the area by removing as much physical debris as possible. Soak up any excess liquid, if applicable.
Slowly pour about 1 cup of the OdorKlenz (diluted or undiluted) directly onto the site(s) of contamination and allow it to soak in for about 5 minutes. Add an additional ½ cup of OdorKlenz. After about 15 minutes soak up the excess water and allow to dry. Once dry remove any visible dried OdorKlenz by brushing it with a dry cloth or towel before lightly vacuuming.
Car interiors have a variety of surfaces and each type may need to be managed separately. Test each surface type for ease of removal before applying the product to the whole surface. OdorKlenz typically does not damage surfaces, but it can be difficult and time-consuming to remove, especially from porous or textured surfaces.
Remove floor mats and any other surface that can be treated more easily outside the vehicle. Vacuum the vehicle to remove as much physical debris as possible.
For the hard surfaces use diluted OdorKlenz at a ratio of 1 part OdorKlenz to 4 parts fresh, clean, warm water. Apply a light, but visible coating to surfaces using a clean towel or sponge.
For the soft surfaces, make sure you have a water extractor available for removal. Apply OdorKlenz (diluted at a 1:1 ratio with fresh, clean, warm water) to the soft surfaces and allow it to soak in. Use extreme caution on leather surfaces.
Pay particular attention to all surfaces. Odors do linger in the headliner and around the window gaskets and this is especially true for cigarette smoke odors.
Allow the OdorKlenz to contact the surfaces for at least 15 minutes. Longer is okay, but you don’t want the product to fully dry as it is easier to remove when still wet.
Use the water extractor on all the soft surfaces and uses a sponge to clean up the hard surfaces. Allow the surfaces to dry. You may need to repeat the removal process on certain surfaces.
The product can be used on sealed wood flooring or on the subfloor below the wood flooring. Diluted OdorKlenz (1 part OdorKlenz to 4 parts fresh, clean, warm water) can be sponged or mopped onto the surface. Please note that OdorKlenz residing in cracks and crevasses will be more difficult to remove. Allow at least 15 minutes of contact time, but do not allow the OdorKlenz to dry on the surface, as it will be much more difficult to remove the visible residue.
Use OdorKlenz diluted at a 1 part OdorKlenz to 4 parts of fresh, clean, warm water. Sponge or mop the product onto the tile. Do not allow to fully dry. The residue is difficult to remove from unsealed grout or dark grout. Use clean water to remove via sponge or mopping. It may take multiple steps to fully remove the OdorKlenz without there being visible residue.
OdorKlenz can be used and sprayed onto a variety of surfaces inside and outside. Use 1 to 4 diluted OdorKlenz and place inside a clean pressurized pump sprayer (similar to a garden sprayer). Some applications where the product can be sprayed and just left in place (assuming that visible residue is not a problem) include:
- Treating urine contaminated cement or pavers
- Artificial grass cleaning and deodorization
- Apply to contaminated subfloors before new flooring is installed for odor prevention
- Treating insides of large garbage or waste containers
- Walls and floors of unfinished basements, cellars, and crawl spaces
Other odor related cleaning ideas:
- Coolers, refrigerators, and freezers
- Cabinets and drawers
- Rain gear (ponchos and umbrellas)
- Outdoor pet areas (houses, play equipment)
Testimonials – OdorKlenz Source Odor Treatment
“Odorklenz worked amazingly! It got the smell of throw up out of the rug. Which other products that I used couldn’t. Thanks for making a great chemical free product.”
Mary M. – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐